HERE IS THE STATE OF PLAY SO FAR…
My ferretin level at state of play today is 798. The normal level is between 10 – 300.
Ferretin is used by the blood to create new red blood cells, so what they do to take down your ferretin levels is take a 1/2 litre of blood from you, and then hopefully the excess will be used in the creation of new red blood cells. So, only monday I will be having my first blood extraction procedure, a venesection, and then have to have blood tests a week later. After that I will be having another venesection, followed by another set of bloods.
This will continue until I have a ferretin level below 100. It could be sometime.
SYMPTOMS OF EXCESS FERRETIN LEVELS ARE:
- loss of sex drive (libido)
- darkening of the skin, if you are white – you may look permanently tanned
- tummy (abdominal) pain and swelling
- yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
- feeling thirsty all the time and needing to pee frequently
- severe pain and stiffness in your joints, particularly in the fingers
- chest pain
- shortness of breath
- swelling of your hands and feet
- an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- the testicles getting smaller
I don’t have all of these symptoms but I have enough to make normal life difficult.
further reports as and when I have them.
Dale M We with a supportive J