10. Mittageisen (METAL POSTCARD)
9. RED LIGHT
8. SUBURBAN RELAPSE
7. PLACEBO EFFECT
6. PREMATURE BURIAL
4. PARADISE PLACE
Quite arbitrary list, all songs i’ve seen performed live, which is why rhapsody and lullaby didn’t make the cut. I saw the Banshees five times between 1978 – 84. every time was awesome, some of my best experiences at gigs.
thanks for reading, and listening,
I was just washing up and then remembered how Marie would come up behind me and kiss the back of my neck… and instead of feeling sad I smiled. And thought thanks for loving me so tenderly. And now I’m smiling, because I remembered how she used to lift one leg when she kissed me in greeting, like a fifties housewife.
Dale ‘M’ xxx
I HAD A YEAR IN MY PERFECT STUDIO SPACE THANKS TO MARIE’S PATIENCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT.
A FOND FAREWELL. HEART-BROKEN AGAIN. BUT THE ONLY WAY I CAN MOVE IS TO MAKE THE SPACE NOT FEEL LIKE HOME.
TEN YEARS SHE ENCOURAGED ME NOW ALL I HAVE IS HEART FULL OF TEARS…
SOUNDS LIKE A COUNTRY SONG
WITH HEAVY HEART THIS IS THE LAST PAINTING I SHALL DO UNTIL I MOVE HOUSE.
This week I wanted to prove to myself that I could do enough paintings to make it a viable means of earning a living. I’ve started and finished ten paintings in the last week, which should provide some income, even if I sell them at a ridiculously low price.
This is what Marie would want me to do with the time I have left in this pissant swamp, until I can be back by her side, in what ever reality she now exists in.
I have given notice to my landlords that I will be moving out. Given the amount of work this move will entail, I won’t be having the luxury of painting any more until I move out.
I feel desperately unhappy about having to move to my Parent’s house, but it the best way of maximising the use I get out of the money she has left me… well, Half of the money was our savings. Moving to my Parent’s will mean that I have to re-enter society, and spend at least some part of the day with other people. I know this will be good for me, but I will be kicking and screaming all the way none the less. I’m going to miss being surrounded by my things… but we have to follow the brummie motto : Forward!
Life goes on, and on, an doesn’t it Just!
I will blog when I have time.
Take care all my stalwarts,
You have been very supportive.
live in love
NICE TO GET MY EYE BACK IN, AFTER YESTERDAY’S DEBACLE… ONE CANVAS ENDED UP IN THE BIN, TWO WIPED CLEAN.
MALE SINGERS PLAYLIST
- JAMES TAYLOR – YOU CAN CLOSE YOUR EYES
- DAVID BOWIE – SWEET THING TRILOGY
- ROXY MUSIC – AMAZONA
- THE DOORS – THE END
- ELBOW – THE BIRDS
- X-PRESS2 FEAT DAVID BYRNE – LAZY
- DEATH IN VEGAS FEAT IGGY POP – AISHA
- LEFTFIELD FEAT. JOHN LYDON – OPEN UP
- PETER GABRIEL – MORIBUND THE BURGERMEISTER
- BAXTER DURY – MIAMI
- IAN DURY – HIT ME WITH YOUR RHYTHM STICK
- BOB DYLAN – BLOWIN IN THE WIND
- JOHN LENNON – IMAGINE
- GEORGE HARRISON – WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS
- BOB MARLEY – REDEMPTION SONG
- EDDY GRANT – ELECTRIC AVENUE
- CHUCK BERRY – JOHNNY B. GOODE
- LITTLE RICHARD – TUTTI FRUTTI
- JOHNNY CASH – RING OF FIRE
- GLEN CAMPBELL – WICHITA LINEMAN
- MASSIVE ATTACK FEAT DAMIAN ALBARN – SATURDAY COMES SLOW
- GROOVE ARMADA FEAT WILL YOUNG – HISTORY
- DONOVAN – HURDY GURDY MAN
- MARC BOLAN – GET IT ON
- ALICE COOPER – ELECTED
- ELVIS COSTELLO – WATCHING THE DETECTIVES
- BAZ LUHRMAN – EERYBODY’S FREE TP WEAR SUNSCREEN
- GARY NUMAN – ARE FRIENDS ELECTRIC
- GHOST POET – FREAKSHOW
- GIL SCOTT HERON – THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED
- JACQUES BREL – IF YOU GO AWAY
- JAMES BROWN – I FEEL GOOD
- OTIS REDDING – TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS
- SOLOMON BURKE – CRY TO ME
- JOHN GRANT – PALE GREEN GHOSTS
- JOHN MARTYN – SOLID AIR
- LEONARD COHEN – DANCE ME TO THE END OF LOVE
- MARVYN GAYE – HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE
- SMOKEY ROBINSON – TRACKS OF MY TEARS
- MOBY – PORCELAIN
- MORGAN BRYAN (V-SOR,X) – ELEKTONISCH
- NICK DRAKE – RIVERMAN
- JEFF BUCKLEY – HALLELUJAH
- TIM BUCKLEY – SONG TO A SIREN
- ROY WOOD – SEE MY BABY JIVE
- ROY ORBISON – CRYING
- PAUL WELLER – WILD WOOD
- SUEDE – STILL LIFE
- WISON PICKETT – IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
- BERNSTEIN – MARIA
HARDER TO CHOOSE THAN FEMALE SINGERS.
MUMMY WIPED HER NOSE, AND A TWENTY MINUTE TEARJERKER ENSUED.
PHOENIX ( WHINGING BECAUSE OF HER TEETHING) ACCESSES HER INNER BRUMMIE BY WEARING MY PEAKED CAP.